Experiencing diarrhea or nausea symptoms?
EZaccessMD’s mobile urgent care services can diagnose and treat nausea and diarrhea symptoms.
EZaccessMD is the only mobile urgent care that offers diagnostic testing and imaging in the home or workplace, so we can provide convenient treatment within the comfort of your home or office.
Mobile Urgent Care Services
Diarrhea and nausea causes & treatment
Diarrhea is characterized by loose, watery stools or a frequent need to have a bowel movement. It usually lasts a few days and often disappears without any treatment. Diarrhea can be acute or chronic.
You may experience diarrhea as a result of a number of conditions or circumstances. Potential causes of diarrhea include:
- a food intolerance, such as lactose intolerance
- a food allergy
- an adverse reaction to a medication
- a viral infection
- a bacterial infection
- an intestinal disease
- a parasitic infection
- gallbladder or stomach surgery
The treatment for diarrhea usually requires replacing lost fluids. This simply means you need to drink more water or electrolyte replacement beverages, such as sports drinks. In more serious cases, you may get fluids through intravenous therapy. If a bacterial infection is the cause of your diarrhea, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
Your doctor will decide your treatment based on:
- the severity of the diarrhea and related condition
- the frequency of the diarrhea and related condition
- the degree of your dehydration status
- your health
- your medical history
- your age
- your ability to tolerate different procedures or medications
- expectations for improvement of your condition