Having ear pain? It could be an ear infection.
EZaccessMD’s mobile urgent care services can diagnose and treat ear infection symptoms.
EZaccessMD is the only mobile urgent care that offers diagnostic testing and imaging in the home or workplace, so we can provide convenient treatment within the comfort of your home or office.
Mobile Urgent Care Services
Ear infection symptoms & treatment
An ear infection occurs when a bacterial or viral infection affects the middle ear — the sections of your ear just behind the eardrum. Ear infections can be painful because of inflammation and fluid buildup in the middle ear.
These symptoms might persist or come and go. Symptoms may occur in one or both ears. Pain is usually more severe with double ear infection (infection in both ears). A few of the common symptoms of ear infections include:
- mild pain or discomfort inside the ear
- a feeling of pressure inside the ear that persists
- fussiness in young infants
- pus-like ear drainage
- hearing loss
Chronic ear infection symptoms may be less noticeable than those of acute ear infections.
Most mild ear infections clear up without intervention. Some of the following methods are effective in relieving the symptoms of a mild ear infection:
- Apply a warm cloth to the affected ear.
- Take over-the-counter (OTC) pain medication such as ibuprofen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol). Find ibuprofen or acetaminophen online.
- Use OTC or prescription ear drops to relieve pain.
- Take OTC decongestants such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed).
If your symptoms get worse or don’t improve, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor. They may prescribe antibiotics if your ear infection is chronic or doesn’t appear to be improving.